Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tuesday Prayer for 3/17/15: Deathly

 Inspired by John 12:20-33

From http://pixgood.com/empty-space.html

Dear God:

As the sun starts to remain in the sky just a little bit longer every day,
Lent comes along and says,
“Not yet. Not quite yet.”
So, in spite of the light, I settle down into the darkness and am reminded that

I will die,
I will fail and
I am human.

And then come the questions;

What will I do with this life?
Will I live and wonder as fully as I can?
Will I be faithful and loving enough to risk failure over and over again?
Will I roll around in my humanness and
use
it
all
up?

I settle into the darkness; drawn away from all those shiny things that call me like a moth to the flame. I settle down into the darkness and feel my own heartbeat, hear my own breath and smell my unwashed skin.  I settle down into the darkness, leaving other things behind, left outside this Lenten space. I settle down into the darkness of “the less” as room is made for so
much
more.

I will die,
I will fail and
I am human
and for now,
I will live,
I will risk and
I am.

I am.

I am.

I am.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment