Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday Prayer for 4/15/14: Complicit

"There must be something you want.
Everybody wants something."

I had a list in my head but I wasn't going to share it.

"Just tell me what you want."

But I didn't want to tell him.

"No strings attached.  Honest.  Just take what you need."

I was pretty sure I knew where the money had come from.

"This money is mine, free and clear.  I just want to get rid of it.
Take. Some."

And a little extra would help.
Some of those things I want...
They would be helpful.
They'd save me time so I could spend more with
Family
And
Friends.
I could help people.
I could share these things like he was sharing.

"Tell you what.  You can just take what you need.
DON'T tell me what its for just
Take. Some."

But what if others knew?
What if they knew I took this money?
I knew where it had come from.
This money
Was
Not
Clean.
As if reading my mind he said,

"Tell you what.  No one has to know.
Would this help?
If anyone finds out it'll be because you told them.
Take.
Some.
Use it for a good purpose.  I know you will.
Take.
Some."
And he held it out to me

And I took a piece of silver
From Judas's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment